Error: The file web.sitemap required by XmlSiteMapProvider does not exist.

This error occurs if XmlSiteMapProvider does not find web.sitemap file. By default it looks for this file in the root of the website therefore if you add web.sitemap file in your website you are likly to get this error.
So to overcome this error simple move web.sitemap file in the root of website if its not in the root. Or if you dont want to have web.sitemap file in the root of website, you can reconfigure XmlSiteMapProvider by adding it in the web.config file of your website.Like...

< siteMap defaultProvider="XmlSiteMapProvider" enabled="true" >
< providers >
< clear/ >
< add name="XmlSiteMapProvider"
type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider, System.Web,Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
siteMapFile="~/Resource/web.sitemap"
securityTrimmingEnabled="true"/ >
< /providers >
< /siteMap >

Note : You can ste new path of your we.sitemap in the siteMapFile attribute.

4 comments:

Shrikant Jamdade said...

Yes,I have solved my problem

Unknown said...

Thanks for good info. I followed approach. worked it great.

http://sasikumarreddyv.blogspot.in/2012/03/file-appbinwebsitemap-required-by.html

Unknown said...

yeah.... it's good.... Now i solved my problem and fill this code in my web config file and it's worked great.

Evan said...

Thanks for the explanation . I have a question for you . Is what I have a folder within my blog that the update manually . is an example ( / blog / folder2 ) how I can create a site map to update manually?

Regards,
sitemap software